Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mahashivaratri

Who said God doesnt exist? Who said God doesnt do anything?

In a state battling with severe power crisis and regular scheduled power cuts, God can ensure a day sans load shedding and complete license for electric thirsty zillion megawatt loud speakers.

Yes. Mahashivaratri meant that we had no 8 to 10:30 powercut. Infact thats how I realised it was mahashivaratri today - when the light didnt go, and a nearby temple loudspeaker blared bhajans.

Then ma called. It reminded me of my childhood. Mahashivaratri meant a holiday - usually in the middle of final exams. A trip to the local shiv mandir with ma was a welcome break from the prison of books. I used to readily accompany her.

I was still not the atheist that I am now. I would do whatever ma instructed me. Collect wildflowers for the pooja, carry the pooja thali, pour milk on the shivaling and do the seven rounds of the linga. It was all fun and the longer it lasted the better it was - because back at home were waiting the textbooks and notes for next days exam. :)

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Observations from the rooftop. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan