Saturday, February 19, 2005

Relationships...part i

Are relationships symbiotic, transient contacts between humans? Or are relationships free, selfless, everlasting bonds of human emotion? (Or are they both? Or none of the two?)

If relationships are selfless,then why do I have to play roles? Why can I not be my self, my own
true self in these relations? why are there expectations and strings attached with them? If they are free then Why are they called bonds and not freedoms?

If they are everlasting then why this fear of losing them? If their strength is eternal then why can I not analyse their foundations? And why can i not ask WHY? And why am I told that I think too much?

Thinking is the first activity that sets me apart from animals? If "not thinking" is a criterea for
being in a relationship, is it then a human activity at all?

The only thing that is truely free and everlasting is the air we breathe. Why are relations not like that air? Allowing us to draw deep and fill ourselves with it, without worrying about having to return anything to it?

And if they are not free, if they come at a recurring price, should I buy them? If they are transient and likely to be destroyed or metamorphosed with time, should I form them at all?

...to be continued

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Observations from the rooftop. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan